In this tutorial, we’re going to see how to create a Firebase project and set up it with the android project. Before that, if you do not know what Firebase is and why we use firebase then go through my previous tutorial on Firebase.
All though, I give you a brief about firebase. “Firebase is a Backend-as-a-Service — BaaS — a platform developed by Google for creating mobile and web applications. Firebase is Google’s mobile application development platform that helps you build, improve, and grow your app.”
Want to know more, click here.
No, let’s see to create and set up Firebase for the android project
Part 1: Create the Firebase project
1. Go to the official page of Firebase (https://firebase.google.com/) and log in with your Google account. For Firebase you just need a Google account.
As you see here I logged in with my google account.
2. After logged in, click go to console to create a firebase project.
After clicking on the console, you see a button “Create a project”, click here to create a firebase project. After that, you need to give a name for your project and accept their terms and conditions.
Part 2: Setup Firebase for Android
3. After creating the Firebase project, you see an android button. Click here to setup the firebase for android.
4. First, you need to enter the android package name, which you will find in your applicationID in your app-level build.gradle file.
for SHA-1 certificate, go to your gradle button from right sidebar > app > android > signing report > SHA-1 certificate.
5. Then, download the google-services.json file and add to your app folder (android > app > google-services.json).
6. After that, add these code and dependencies in your android project (both in the app-level build.gradle file and project-level build.gradle file).
7. After adding the dependencies just click the NEXT button.
8. Now you can see your app in your Firebase console.
Just follow the steps and you will able to create a firebase project and set up with your android project.
Make sure you have a google account so that we can log into the firebase.
For more visit www.gbandroidblogs.com and show some love by clicking on the clap button.